The Owners Corporation Committee has implemented a management plan to help protect residents against the spread of COVID-19.
The key objectives of the plan are to
- Protect residents from contagion.
- Support residents affected by isolation or hospitalisation.
- Protect our cleaner who is vital to our ongoing efforts.
- Additional cleaning of balustrades, door handles and lift buttons in common areas.
- Reducing foot traffic through the building by encouraging residents to accept deliveries at the main entrance.
- Installing hand sanitiser at each lift door (dependent on supply).
- Postponing all non-essential maintenance.
- Discouraging sharing of the lift.
The Committee is making every effort to stay appraised of developments and their potential impact on where we live.
Currently there is no requirement for a person self-isolating to report their circumstances to the Owners Corporation Committee. However, if the Committee is advised, it can take precautions in cleaning and sanitizing common property to reduce the risk of infection to others.
We therefore request that if you are a person at risk or have tested positive that you inform the Owners Corporation Manager who will advise the Committee.
As the state moves to lockdown, 416 Gore Street will be at capacity. Our building includes all age groups, and everyone will be home for some weeks. During this time, tolerance and consideration of others will be paramount.
To assist us further in our communal living environment, remember also to:
- Manage your rubbish and recycling so we can maintain the highest-possible standard of cleanliness .
- Consider using gloves when using door handles, lift buttons and balustrades in the common areas.
- Flush only toilet paper down the toilet. Other materials can cause blockages that can extend well beyond your property.